1-2. There be some sports are painful, and their labor / Delight in them sets off: Some pastimes are laborious, but the pleasure we got from them compensates for the effort.
2. baseness: menial activity.
3. undergone: undertaken. most poor: poorest.
4. mean: lowly.
5. but: were it not that.
6. quickens: brings to life.
11. sore injunction: harsh command.
13. Had never like executor: was never before undertaken by so noble a being. I forget: i.e., I forget that I'm supposed to be working.
15. Most busy lest, when I do it: when I am working hardest.
17. enjoin'd: commanded.
18. this: i.e., the log.
19. weep: i.e., exude resin.
21. these: the next.
22. discharge: complete.
32. visitation: (1) visit; (2) attack of the plague; i.e., infection of love.
34. by: nearby.
37. hest: command. Admired Miranda: A pun since her name means "to be admired or wondered at."
39. dearest: most treasured.
40. best regard: highest approval.
42. diligent: attentive. several: various (also in line 43).
45. ow'd: owned.
46. foil: (1) contrast; (2) defeat.
48. Of: out of.
52. how features are abroad: what people look like in other places.
53. skilless: ignorant. modesty: virginity.
57. like of: to be pleased with, be fond of.
58. Something: Somewhat.
59. condition: rank.
61. I would: I wish it were.
62. wooden slavery: being compelled to carry wood.
63. flesh-fly: flying insects. blow: defile.
69. kind event: favorable outcome.
70. hollowly: insincerely. invert: turn.
71. boded: in store for. mischief: harm.
72. what: whatever.
79. want: through lacking.
81. bashful cunning: coyness.
84. maid: handmaiden, servant. fellow: mate.
86. will: desire it. My mistress: i.e., The woman I adore and serve.
88. willing: desirous.
91. A thousand thousand: A thousand thousand farewells.
93. withal: by it.
96. appertaining: related to this.