1-3. Like as . . . As: As . . . So
2. eager: sharp; bitter; appetizing.
4. We sicken to shun sickness: i.e., To shun sickness, we sicken. purge: to take a cathartic.
6. To bitter sauces did I frame my feeding: i.e., I sought to feed on bitter sauces.
7. sick of welfare: gorged with happiness. meetness: fitness, suitability; appropriateness.
8. ere: before.
11. brought to medicine: prescribed drugs for.
12. rank of goodness: sick with good health. would by ill be cured: intended to be cured by illness.
14. sick of you: i.e., sick in love with you.